1/1 Photo of Inside out Spring Roll Salad
Susie D's Note:
If you enjoy the fresh flavors and satisfying crunch of a spring roll, wait until you see this recipe contest winner created by Roxanne Chan. This salad combines a variety of the fresh vegetables found inside spring rolls and dipping sauces served alongside and brings them into the salad bowl. The salad is light, fresh, colorful and tasty salad perfect for spring or summer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces bean thread mung bean noodles
- 3 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup torn watercress
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick thin strips
- 1/2 cup seedless cucumber, cut into matchstick thin strips
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into matchstick thin strips
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 cup chopped baby corn
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons snipped mint
- 1Soak the bean threads in warm water to cover for 10 minutes or till pliable. Drain, then cook in boiling water till the noodles expand and appear glasslike, 1-2 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Cut into 4-inch lengths.
- 2Place in a large bowl along with the rest of the salad ingredients.
- 3In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing till well combined; toss with the salad to evenly coat.
- 4Garnish with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Inside out Spring Roll Salad
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce