Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great recipe for baked spaghetti, substitute the meat crust with either breaded chicken or veal cutlets to make a Parmesan meal. Original recipe from Recipe.com
- 141.74 g can evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 78.07 ml small onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning, dried and crushed
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
- 453.59 g ground beef, lean
- 113.39 g spaghetti
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 226.79 g spaghetti sauce
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine evaporated milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Add ground meat; mix well. Lightly press mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the side of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until done (160°F). Carefully tilt dish and drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Return to pan. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese until spaghetti is coated.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce over meat mixture. Top with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the spaghetti mixture. Top with the remaining pizza sauce and the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until heated through. (If necessary, cover edges of meat mixture with foil to prevent over browning.) Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.