A tasty, easy casserole, and healthy, too! A Mr. Pasta inspiration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 2 qt round casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3In a large, preferably nonstick, skillet, combine turkey, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Break the meat up during cooking.
- 4Drain off liquid and fat.
- 5Stir in tomatoes, sauce and spices and bring to a simmer.
- 6Reduce heat to low, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water until just tender (do not overcook, since it will continue cooking in the oven).
- 8Drain, and add the tomato mixture to the pasta, and toss well.
- 9Stir in the spinach, ricotta and egg substitute.
- 10Pour into the greased casserole dish, and sprinkle on the parmesan.
- 11Bake until bubbling and hot, about 30 minutes.
- 12Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Inside-Out Ravioli Bake
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.7 mg
- Sodium 723.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese