Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A tasty, easy casserole, and healthy, too! A Mr. Pasta inspiration.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2 qt round casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large, preferably nonstick, skillet, combine turkey, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Break the meat up during cooking.
- Drain off liquid and fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, sauce and spices and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water until just tender (do not overcook, since it will continue cooking in the oven).
- Drain, and add the tomato mixture to the pasta, and toss well.
- Stir in the spinach, ricotta and egg substitute.
- Pour into the greased casserole dish, and sprinkle on the parmesan.
- Bake until bubbling and hot, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
Way back when, long time ago, I had a recipe for Inside Out Ravioli - this is so much better for me than that old recipe! And every bit as good! Thank you for sharing this recipe! A great Comfort Food Found!