Recipe by James Craig
This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe found on "AllRecipes" web site. While probably not as good as home made ravioli, it is a budget stretcher as well as a kid pleaser.
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
I also got this recipe from Taste of Home. It is a definite family pleaser. It also freezes well, making it a busy mom's pleaser! The only change I make is using my own spaghetti sauce recipe in place of the jarred. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta, of your choice cooked and drained
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 cups shredded ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic cloves until onion is tender, drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine spinach, noodles, eggs, bread crumbs, ricotta cheese.
- Place 1/2 in a greased 13X9 baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the meat sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Let stand 10 minutes.