Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, fire roasted, diced and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 lb smoked mozzarella cheese, ball, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil, shredded
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; add olive oil to the skillet.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute, then add in the tomatoes.
- Season with oregano, salt, and pepper; simmer the tomatoes for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat; add a drizzle of olive oil and a flour tortilla.
- Cover the tortilla with an even layer of sliced cheese; top with ¼ of the tomatoes.
- Scatter ¼ of the basil over the tomatoes.
- Set a second tortilla in place on top; cook for 2 minutes on side one, drizzle the top of the tortilla with a touch of olive oil and carefully flip the pizza-dilla.
- Cook for 2 minutes more, or until golden and crisp on the flip side.
- Remove, cut into 4 pieces, and serve.
- Repeat this with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more pizza-dillas.
My fiance and I love these..we make the sauce for 4 but only make two in a night with a side salad...they're DE-licious!!!
Got this from my Rach cookbook, these were outstanding! My husband didn't like them, but I would definately make these again if I had someone to eat them with me!