Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe packs peanut butter bars into cupcake cups, then fills them with peanut butter fudge. Adapted from a recipe by Jessie Oleson (of Cakespy) as published at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/cO0zSV
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place 12 regular-sized muffin liners or 24 mini-muffin liners into an appropriately-sized muffin tin.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour gradually until combined; it will be fairly crumbly.
- Place 1/3 of the mixture into half the muffin liners, pressing it into the bottoms only. Divide the remaining mixture among the remaining liners, pressing it up the sides of the liners, as well as the bottoms.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until set and lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the filling ingredients in the top of a double boiler, stirring often until smooth and creamy. Divide equally amongst the cup shells.
- If the flat shells can be removed whole, simply lay on on top of each cup. If not (they are fairly fragile), crumble them up and divide amongst the cups, completely covering the filling.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, or until filling has set. Once filling is set, they may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container.