Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun blend of peanut butter cookies and frosting topped with holiday morsels! This sandwich cookie is perfect to make for a holiday cookie exchange.
- 1 cup Nestle swirled holiday morsels, divided (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter or 2⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
peanut butter frosting
- 1 1⁄4 cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter or 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Combine morsels in small bowl, set aside. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in another small bowl. Beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsel mixture. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Press down slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread Peanut Butter Frosting and Filling on bottom side of one cookie. Place bottom side of a second cookie over frosting creating a cookie sandwich; press down slightly. Frost top of cookie sandwich and sprinkle with a few morsels. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING AND FILLING:.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups prepared vanilla frosting and 1/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter in small bowl.
Decadent! These are wonderful. They are rich and delicious and something I will definitely be making again. Thanks for sharing!
Oh My...these are so sinful. I can see where they would make a great holiday cookie for gift-giving or cookie exchanges or anytime you want to do something a little special for someone other than just a standard cookie. I didn't have the swirled holiday morsels and so used the swirl combo of p.b. and chocolate. I can see where any type of swirled chip combo would work perfectly too. What a great idea Anna for a very decadent cookie treat. Made for Phototag.
Great cookie! So easy peasy, too! Made as directed. Thanks, Annacia! Made for PRMR tag game.