1/1 Photo of Inside-Out Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
A fun blend of peanut butter cookies and frosting topped with holiday morsels! This sandwich cookie is perfect to make for a holiday cookie exchange.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Nestle swirled holiday morsels, divided (optional)
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter or 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
peanut butter frosting
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine morsels in small bowl, set aside. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in another small bowl. Beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsel mixture. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Press down slightly.
- 3Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4Spread Peanut Butter Frosting and Filling on bottom side of one cookie. Place bottom side of a second cookie over frosting creating a cookie sandwich; press down slightly. Frost top of cookie sandwich and sprinkle with a few morsels. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.
- 5PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING AND FILLING:.
- 6Combine 1 1/4 cups prepared vanilla frosting and 1/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter in small bowl.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Inside-Out Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 209.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: