Recipe by seventrees
Pasta recipe that can be easily frozen. Use it for once-a-month-cooking (OAMC). The recipe makes enough for an 8x8 pan, double it for a 9x11 pan.
- 0.5 (26 ounce) jarragu spaghetti sauce
- 0.5 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of cooked penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg and split (you will use only 1/2 an egg for an 8x8 pan).
- Mix Ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of your pan.
- Layer 2 cups of pasta, then layer 1/2 of cheese mixture and a layer of sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Add 1/2 cup of plain mozzarella cheese on top of last layer.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or freeze.
- Defrost completely prior to cooking.