Recipe by loof
My grandma made the best golumpkis (cabbage rolls). I made a pot of TeresaS's Hungarian Sweet 'n' Sour Cabbage Soup (Hungarian Sweet 'n' Sour Cabbage Soup) and it reminded me of grandma's golumpkis. With the leftover soup, some ground turkey, and a few other odds and ends I put together this easy and tasty casserole.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh is best)
- 2 cups cabbage soup (Hungarian Sweet 'n' Sour Cabbage Soup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Brown the ground turkey until no longer pink and cooked through. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley to the cooked meat and mix until well combined.
- Press half of the meat mixture into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the soup over the meat mixture. Cover the soup layer with the remaining meat mixture, pressing lightly. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of soup over the meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes,.