Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These chocolate chip cookies are inside-out because they're chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. I found this recipe in a booklet at the grocery store years ago.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Using a hand mixer, cream sugars, butter and shortening together until well mixed and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Stir flour in it's container and spoon lightly into the measuring cup and level off when measuring.
- Stir flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls or a small cookie scoop about 2-inches apart onto ungreased or a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set when you touch the tops.
- Cool slightly; remove form cookie sheet.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Note: I always get better cookies that spread less when I chill my dough first.
- That's one of my cookie baking secrets.
Gosh these were good! My boyfriend and I gobbled them up! I bought ghriardelli white chocolate chips and used pecans. My batch didn't break apart like a previous reviewer's. But he's correct: broken cookies have no calories. Thanks for posting.
Great cookies they break real easy, but then the broken pieces don't have any calories....