Recipe by katie in the UP
I tossed some ingredients together to whip up a different hamburger. We loved them!
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sauce ingredients in small bowl and place in refrigerator.
- Sauté bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon from sauté pan (place on paper towel) and add onion, pepper and jalapeño.
- Sauté veggies until softened.
- Remove veggies from pan and place on paper towel with bacon.
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper and make 8 thin patties.
- Divide bacon and onion mixture equally and place on top of 4 of the beef patties top with cheese.
- Place 'cover' patty on top and seal well.
- Grill 8 minutes on each side (don't turn too soon! burger will fall apart).
- Serve on Kaiser rolls with 2 tablespoons of sauce.
- Optional toppings:.
- Lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions.