Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Why put the cheese on top of the burger when half of it just melts off--Instead, form the burger around the cheese so you can char the meat and safeguard the more delicate flavors. Use any mixture of hard or semihard cheeses-Emmentaler and Gouda or Asiago and Parmigiano-Reggiano also pair well.
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey breast or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
- Combine cheeses & set aside.
- Using hands, mix meat , sauces, & spices in a large bowl. Shape into 8 thin patties. Pile about 2 tablespoons of cheese on 4 patties, leaving 1/2" clear edges. Layer another pattie on top. Press edges together to seal cheese inside.
- Spray paper towl with cooking spray & wipe on grill.
- To grill: Grill patties over medium-high heat, 4-6 minutes per side (till cooked through) then remove from heat & let stand 5 minutes before serving.
These are very good burgers! I couldn't believe how moist and juicy the meat remained even though I had to end up cooking them in a skillet. The combination of the sauces, spice, and cheese made for a very flavorful and delicious burger. I used a 'casserole' blend of shredded cheese which included Cheddar, American, Monterey Jack & Mozzarella and it added a good flavor. My BF is very picky when it comes to his burgers and he was disappointed that I didn't make more so he could have leftovers!
This was a very good burger. I used ground chicken instead of beef. I will be using this recipe again and again.
5 Star burger for sure. Very nice with the A1, worchestershire sauce and paprika. I used Neerdammer cheese & Gruyere. Tomato, lettuce & sweet onion on the burger and mushrooms on the side along with Oven Fries - Into my favorite burger cookbook it goes. Thanks Mims & Squims for a super Saturday night burger