Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made these for lunch - delicious! I just love love the taste of melted cheese in a hamburger! I served this with grilled veggies (red and yellow peppers and sliced zucchinis) that I marinated in Italian dressing for 30 minutes and then grilled on the BBQ. Mmmmm!
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese or 1⁄4 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons montreal steak spices
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine Cheddar and Mozzarella (or Gruyère) in a small bowl.
- Gently mix beef, Worcestershire, paprika, ground pepper and Montreal steak spices in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking.
- Shape into 8 thin, 4-inch-wide patties.
- Mound 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each of the 4 patties, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edges closed.
- To grill: lightly oil the grill rack. Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well (be sure not to press the burgers as they cook or they'll split open and the cheese will ooze out).
These are great burgers! I only used 1/2 of the Montreal Steak Seasoning so 5yr DS would be able to eat them. DS really enjoyed them since they didn't slide apart. I used cheddar and mozz; next time I will try with gruyere cheese. Made for Everyday Holiday.
This is a great burger. I made this last night for dinner. I wouldn't change a thing, thank for sharing these with us.
These are great!!! Thanks for posting