Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Always I-N-S-P-I-R-E-D by the Internet, TRUE! Especially when see a photo or two! These WHOOPIE PIES are TERRIFIC, easy to make! Mix, blend, and did I mention bake! http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001724854
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for cookie sheets
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 1 1⁄2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded very finely (to yield 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream or 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Put a dab of butter in each corner of 2 large baking sheets and line with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, sour cream, and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla; stir in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add carrots and coconut, stirring until just combined.
- .Drop 1-tbsp. circles of batter onto baking sheets about 1 inches apart. Bake until cooked through and browned slightly, 14 to 18 minutes. Cool on baking sheets.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat cream cheese until very soft. Add butter and beat until smooth and well blended. Add powdered sugar a third at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Beat in cream and remaining 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 5. Flip cakes over and spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons frosting on half of them. Top each with a remaining cake, flat side down, to sandwich the frosting.