Inside out Carrot Cake Cookies
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375. Butter 2 baking sheets
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt in a bowl.
- Beat together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in carrots, nuts and raisins at low speed, then add flour mixture until combined.
- Drop 1-1/2 tablespoons batter per cookie 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are lightly brown and springy to the touch, 12 to 16 minutes total.
- Cool cookies on sheets on rack for 1 minute, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are baking, blend cream cheese and honey in a food processor until smooth
- Sandwich flat sides of cookies together with generous tablespoons of cream cheese filling between.