Recipe by LAURIE
Toppings are on the inside and they are sooooo juicy. Love these on the campfire, but be careful not to turn them too much as they will fall apart.
Top Review by dogodigger
I was very disappointed in this tasteless, wet burger. Not juicy or moist, just soaking wet. The BBQ and egg were too much. The onion disappeared and the relish gave it a slight sweet taste. Jalapenos at least would have been better. I used quality beef and it was still tasteless. No flavor at all. I will never make again.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix burger, egg and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce together well.
- Form into 16 equal round and thin patties.
- Place 1 tsp each of cheese, relish, onion, and BBQ sauce on 8 of the patties.
- Top that with the other 8 patties taking care to seal the edges together.
- Grill on foil over hot coals (or in skillet on stove) until they reach your desired doneness,turning CAREFULLY ONLY ONCE.
- Serve on toasted buns immediately.