Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Toppings are on the inside and they are sooooo juicy. Love these on the campfire, but be careful not to turn them too much as they will fall apart.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish
- 8 hamburger buns
- Mix burger, egg and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce together well.
- Form into 16 equal round and thin patties.
- Place 1 tsp each of cheese, relish, onion, and BBQ sauce on 8 of the patties.
- Top that with the other 8 patties taking care to seal the edges together.
- Grill on foil over hot coals (or in skillet on stove) until they reach your desired doneness,turning CAREFULLY ONLY ONCE.
- Serve on toasted buns immediately.
I was very disappointed in this tasteless, wet burger. Not juicy or moist, just soaking wet. The BBQ and egg were too much. The onion disappeared and the relish gave it a slight sweet taste. Jalapenos at least would have been better. I used quality beef and it was still tasteless. No flavor at all. I will never make again.
These turned out well, and were a lot easier to put together than I anticipated. I ended up using just a bit of extra cheese. I cooked these on my indoor electric grill, and the held together well. It took about 7 minutes, which is about 2 minutes longer than plain burgers. We had mayonnaise on the buns, and just a bit of ketchup. I thought the ketchup was even overkill, although a bit of lettuce might have been nice. I will definitely do these again.
These were really tasty! I was a little shy with putting too much filling in the middle, next time I will definitely add more, but nevertheless the combo of ingredients resulted in a juicy and flavorful burger. I used a combination of sweet and dill relish and finely chopped vidalia onion and used a sharp cheddar cheese for the filling. I think pretty much any cheese would be delicious for these burgers. I was afraid of using the barbecue sauce, but it really only added a hint of flavor and wasn't overwhelming at all. I grilled these on a grill pan & served with a caesar salad and some oven fries. Everyone in my family approved. Thanks!