Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I really like the bite of blue cheese. A blue cheese burger is my favorite! This burger is everything I like in the burger without so much of the mess! Enjoy!
- 118.29 ml crumbled blue cheese (2 to 3 ounces)
- 56.69 g cream cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 680.38 g ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce, onion slices and condiments, for serving
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mash together the blue cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the parsley. Divide the mixture into 4 disks about 1 1/2 inches across. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper and mix well. Form into 4 equally sized patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- Form a deep cavity in the center of each beef patty. Place a cheese disk in each cavity and pull the meat together to completely cover the cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook, about 4 minutes on each side for medium. Serve on the buns with the lettuce, onion and condiments.
I really like the simplicity of the seasoning in this burger. It really allows the natural flavor of the beef to shine and I love the oozy goozy bleu cheese filling. The cream cheese really helps hold it together until it's cooked all the way. It's so much fun to have the tangy, creamy surprise inside the meat, instead of on top. I made these for my boyfriend to boost his morale after a crazy day at a new job. He is singing your praises, kittycatmom. Bravo!!
These were FANTASTIC! Just a cautionary note here: Let the burger sit for a few minutes after grilling, as the filling gets radically hot! Otherwise the flavors are superb! Thanks for posting a keeper!
We dont care for blue cheese but these burgers sounded so good! I asked the chef if it would be ok if I substituted a cheese and she said that would be fine. I used a parmesan blend cheese and it was a nice combination and great burgers but I think they would be awesome with the blue cheese as written. Think we will be trying these again with the correct cheese! Thank you sweets for posting this recipe. :)