Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Truly a lovely burger you must try!
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Combine cheeses in a small bowl.
- Gently mix beef, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and pepper by hand--do not over mix. Shape into 8 patties 4 inches wide each.
- Put 2 tablespoons of cheeses in middle of the patty leaving a 1/2 inch border. Do this on 4 patties. Cover each with another patty after adding cheese to the 1st 4 patties. Crimp and seal the edges.
- To grill: Lightly oil grill and cook patties over med high heat for 4 minutes per side. Do not flatten patties or cheese will run out.
- Remove from heat after cooking both sides for 4 min each and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.