Recipe by Kitchencrazy in NC
I came across this recipe idea when my husband & I watched "Man vs. Food" on the Travel Channel about these two restaurants in Minnesota. Anyways, it sounded so good & I was standing in my kitchen with all the ingredients so I tried to make it myself. It turned out very delicious!!!
Top Review by lauralie41
Simple burgers with big flavor! I did add a few shakes of lemon pepper and used sliced sharp cheddar cheese instead of american. All the toppings we enjoy, juicy burgers, with corn on the cob on the side equals a fantastic meal. Will make these burgers again! Made and reviewed for PAC Spring 2013.
- 907.18 g 80% ground chuck
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 4 slice American cheese, quartered
- tomatoes, sliced
- onion, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to med-high heat. (We have a Jenn-Air built-in grill on our stove- great for rainy day grilling!)
- Pat ground chuck into 8 1/4-inch patties.
- Place on top of one patty 4 quarters of sliced cheese.
- Top with another patty & crimp the edges so the cheese doesn't melt out while cooking.
- Repeat Steps 3 & 4.
- Place on grill & cook 3-4 minutes, flip & cook 3-4 minutes on other side. (If you want the cool grill marks, cook for 1-2 minutes, then do a quarter turn.).
- Place burger on bun & top wih your favorite burger toppings & enjoy.