Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Brussels Sprouts hiding inside ground beef balls! No, it's not going to fool human enemies of the beloved sprouts, but you can toy with them if they've been bad little denizens. This recipe uses frozen sprouts. I wish I had the know how to adapt it to fresh, but I'm hoping someone else will. *hint, hint* ;o) Nabbed offline somewhere...
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingedients and mix well.
- Shape a scant 1/4 cupful around each frozen brussels sprout to form a meatball. Place in an ungresed 15 x 10 x 1 (inches) baking dish.
- Combine tomato sauce, water and thyme (salt and pepper too if u want), pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350 F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.