- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Cut an X in the core of each Brussels sprout.
- Shape a scant 1/4 cup full around each frozen Brussels sprout to form a meatball.
- Place in an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking dish.
- Combine tomato sauce, water and thyme; pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.