1/7 Photos of Inside-Out Bacon Cheeseburgers with Grilled Green Onion Mayo
This is just like a traditional bacon cheeseburger, but inside out! It's another innovative recipe from Rachael Ray. It looked delicious when she made it, so I can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slice bacon, chopped
- 4 scallions, cleaned and trimmed
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 603.27 g ground sirloin
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 14.79 ml steak seasoning (or coarse salt and black pepper)
- 226.79 g extra sharp white cheddar cheese, crumbled
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise or 236.59 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split
- 4 leaf crisp romaine lettuce
- 1Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- 2In a medium pan brown bacon over medium high heat and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- 3Brush scallions with a little oil and grill on hot grill pan 2 or 3 minutes on each side; remove from heat to cool.
- 4To make the burgers, combine ground beef with Worcestershire and steak seasoning or salt and pepper; divide meat into 4 equal parts.
- 5Combine cheese crumbles and cooked bacon.
- 6Take 1/4 of the meat in your hand and make a well in the center of it.
- 7Pile in cheese and bacon, then carefully form the burger around the cheese and bacon filling; make sure the fillings are completely covered with meat.
- 8When all 4 patties are formed, drizzle burgers with oil and place on hot grill pan.
- 9Cook 2 minutes on each side over high heat, reduce heat to medium low and cook burgers 7 or 8 minutes longer, turning occasionally.
- 10Do not press down on burgers as they cook.
- 11Transfer burgers to a plate and let them rest 5 minutes before serving.
- 12To make the green onion mayonnaise, chop cooled, grilled green onions and add to a food processor.
- 13Add mayonnaise and cumin to the food processor and pulse the onions and mayonnaise.
- 14Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- 15Pile burgers on crusty buns and top with crisp lettuce leaves and a slather of green onion mayonnaise.
- 16As you bite into the burgers, you will find a smoky, cheesy surprise at the center.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Inside-Out Bacon Cheeseburgers with Grilled Green Onion Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.2
- Calories from Fat 688
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 195.4 mg
- Sodium 1441.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 52.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: