1/1 Photo of Inside out Bacon Cheeseburgers
This was inspired by a Rachael Ray recipe I read called "Inside-Out Turkey Bacon Cheeseburgers". This one is make with ground beef and regular bacon, with a couple other variations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Arrange the bacon in a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat. Slowly crisp up the bacon, cooking for 3 or 4 minutes on each side. Remove the bacon from the skillet, and, when cool, chop.
- 2Add the EVOO to the remaining drippings and set aside.
- 3Place the lean ground beef in a large mixing bowl, season with salt and fresh ground black pepper, and mix in the mustard powder.
- 4Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a burger, making a well in the center.
- 5Fill the well of each with one quarter of the crisp bacon pieces and 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Carefully form the burger around the cheese and bacon filling, making sure the filling is completely covered.
- 6Return the skillet you cooked the bacon in to medium-high heat.
- 7Add the burger patties to the hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the burgers for 5 to 6 minutes longer, turning occasionally. Do not press down on the burgers as they cook.
- 8Serve each burger on a bed of lettuce topped with sliced tomato and chopped pickles.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Inside out Bacon Cheeseburgers
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.9
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 192.7 mg
- Sodium 1412.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 56.0 g