Recipe by whatscooking
As many recipes are created, this one was a recipe inspired by another recipe. I was reading some cooking magazine where they added cooked cut up bacon to ground beef to make bacon burgers. I said to myself, what's better than bacon burgers? Well bacon cheeseburgers of course. This recipe is the base and can be doubled, tripled, etc. I usually do 4-5 lbs and freeze them all individually for later use.
Top Review by mommyoffour
These are the best inside out burgers I have made. I followed the burger recipe exactly ,but we used white cheddar and onion cheese. Thank you for sharing, we loved the bacon throughout.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml granulated garlic
- 29.58 ml dried parsley flakes
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 piece bocconcini
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon as your normally would until slightly crisp but not crumbling (when doing large quantities, I cook it in the oven on a cake rack atop a baking sheet). Set to cool.
- Once cooled, cut of the bacon into bacon bit sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients but the bocconcini. Mix well with your hands so everything so everything is well combined. Divide mixture into 4 even balls.
- Slice your bocconcini into 4 pieces.
- Take one meat ball and divide into 2 then flatten. Put a slice of bocconcini on one of the patties and then put the other patty on top.
- Work the meat so that cheese is completely cover by the meat. Shape into a patty. (I use one of those hamburger presses simply because the patties look better and it's that step your neighbour wouldn't do).
- Cook as you normally would.