Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
As many recipes are created, this one was a recipe inspired by another recipe. I was reading some cooking magazine where they added cooked cut up bacon to ground beef to make bacon burgers. I said to myself, what's better than bacon burgers? Well bacon cheeseburgers of course. This recipe is the base and can be doubled, tripled, etc. I usually do 4-5 lbs and freeze them all individually for later use.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 piece bocconcini
- salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon as your normally would until slightly crisp but not crumbling (when doing large quantities, I cook it in the oven on a cake rack atop a baking sheet). Set to cool.
- Once cooled, cut of the bacon into bacon bit sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients but the bocconcini. Mix well with your hands so everything so everything is well combined. Divide mixture into 4 even balls.
- Slice your bocconcini into 4 pieces.
- Take one meat ball and divide into 2 then flatten. Put a slice of bocconcini on one of the patties and then put the other patty on top.
- Work the meat so that cheese is completely cover by the meat. Shape into a patty. (I use one of those hamburger presses simply because the patties look better and it's that step your neighbour wouldn't do).
- Cook as you normally would.
These are the best inside out burgers I have made. I followed the burger recipe exactly ,but we used white cheddar and onion cheese. Thank you for sharing, we loved the bacon throughout.
I made these a couple of nights ago and my husband and I really enjoyed these burgers. Since there's only 2 of us, I made 2 huge burgers and used fresh mozzarella. I plan to make these again when company comes over. I served them with sweet potato fries and cole slaw.
Five stars all the way according to my family. Came together without fussing. I used mozzarella as I didn't have the recommended cheese on hand and it's way to expensive at the store right now. Loved the fact that the bacon was in the meat. No more bacon sliding out. :) Made for PAC '08