Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from a column in our local paper by the Supper Swap Girls at GreenvilleOnline.com. It sounded really different so I thought I'd post it here.
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- maple bacon or regular bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled into pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced thick
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Spray a large, flat skillet with cooking spray. Drop one tortilla in and fill with lots of cheese. Sprinkle bacon pieces over cheese. Top with another tortilla. Flip over when bottom tortilla is golden brown. Cook until cheese is melted. Slide onto a plate and cut into wedges with a pizza wheel cutter. Slather each piece with mayonnaise and top with a thick slice of tomato. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- Cooking time does not include cooking time for the bacon.
This is really good. I used an Ancient Grains tortilla ( a big one), turkey bacon left in strips, Pizza blend cheese (all I had on hand) and added some sweet onion slices to the bacon/cheese layer. Folded the tortilla and added a smidgen more cheese instead of the mayo and topped with 3 tomato slices. Yumm-o! Very fast to make and easy on the budget too. :D