Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cheese and more inside these hamburgers.
Make and share this Inside Cheesy Hidden Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 4 slices pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients up to and including salt.
- In a seperate bowl, combine cheese, cayenne pepper, pimentos, and jalapeno peppers.
- Form beef mixture into 4 balls, and press well in center of each.
- Stuff each with equal amounts of cheese mixture, and press meat around filling to seal.
- Place on baking sheet, and press gently into thick patties.
- Bake 20 minutes or until well done.
- Place patties on buns, and add your favorite toppings.
These are very good! I left out the pimentos and used sugared jalapenos instead of pickled, but otherwise kept to the recipe. Almost killed me not to grill a burger, but it was pouring outside and I thought, why not follow the recipe? Loved the method of stuffing the burger....worked perfectly in the oven....not sure if it would work on the grill....but I will be trying that out. The only problem with baking them on a sheet is the grease would run into my oven, so I used a baking dish with sides. So the accumulated fat and grease were sitting on the burgers....so I wiped it all off the bottom of the burger and then let the fat drain into a papertowel. Used Monterrey Jack with Jalapeno's for the cheese, and topped the burger with more Monterrey Jack with Jalapeno cheese and a good teaspoonful of sugared jalapenos. Wished I'd had an avocado, but didn't have one on hand....so I threw on some baby spinach and swiss chard for greenery. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing! Made for Holiday Tag.