Recipe by GinnyP
From Beth Hilson of the Gluten-Free Pantry.
Top Review by alexsummer123
It was sooo easy. I never bake and it turned out great! I subed all-purpose gluten-free baking mix for their mix (added xantham gum as the package indicated also) and lite vanilla silk soy milk for the milk (my boyfriend is lactose-intolerant) and I halved the recipe. It was too runny when it was mixed so I just added tapioca flour till it thickened up enough. I also used blueberry all-fruit jam. It took about 13 minutes instead of 10. It was so yummy! Didn't feel exactly like a Danish, but I did substitute a lot. Was insanely simple and delicious though!
- 2 cups gluten free pantry buttermilk brown rice pancake mix (#100)
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- glaze: Combine all and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine pancake mix, butter, and sugar.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Stir in milk and blend until all combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Place about 2 inches apart.
- With back of teaspoon, make a shallow well in center of each.
- Fill with jam.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Drizzle with glaze.