Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Beth Hilson of the Gluten-Free Pantry.
- 2 cups gluten free pantry buttermilk brown rice pancake mix (#100)
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- glaze: Combine all and mix until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine pancake mix, butter, and sugar.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Stir in milk and blend until all combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Place about 2 inches apart.
- With back of teaspoon, make a shallow well in center of each.
- Fill with jam.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Drizzle with glaze.
It was sooo easy. I never bake and it turned out great! I subed all-purpose gluten-free baking mix for their mix (added xantham gum as the package indicated also) and lite vanilla silk soy milk for the milk (my boyfriend is lactose-intolerant) and I halved the recipe. It was too runny when it was mixed so I just added tapioca flour till it thickened up enough. I also used blueberry all-fruit jam. It took about 13 minutes instead of 10. It was so yummy! Didn't feel exactly like a Danish, but I did substitute a lot. Was insanely simple and delicious though!
This is a super easy recipe, but it doesn't taste like a danish. Its more of a bisquit- its tasty, but didn't have danish like texture we were looking for.
If you are gluten free and are craving a danish, you have got to try these!! They are every bit as good as the danishes we remember before going gluten free. My picky husband request these be made. Try it, you won't be sorry!!!!