Recipe by Monita
A tweaked version of another recipe. I like to make it as healthy as I can and see what happens. Surprised me of with how good it turned out. Yay!!!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I often bake & cook for a neighbor couple who are house-bound, & they mentioned banana bread the other day, so here I am, making your recipe! They got most of the loaf, but I kept 4 thin slices for the 2 of us to enjoy here & we did just that! Loved the ease of preparation & the flavor is right on! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular (or a little less, depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1⁄8 cup applesauce (I like cinnamon)
- 1⁄4 cup light margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 bananas (ripe, smashed)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease bottom only of 8 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Mix Splenda, applesauce, and margarine in large bowl.
- Stir in egg until well blended.
- Add bananas, half n half, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until just moistened.
- Top with nuts and press in (if desired).
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 8-inch loaves about 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack.
- Cool completely.