1/1 Photo of Insanely Chocolatey - Chocolate Nemesis Cake
Um Safia's Note:
Oh did I mention this was insanely chocolaty? Lol. One slice of this & you're definitely in chocoholic heaven! Simple to make. - just 5 ingredients.....go on try it! ;) Recipe slightly adapted from the book: Great Women Chefs of Europe. I also like to add a few chopped nuts sometimes to give it a bit of bite.......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces dark chocolate, broken into small pieces (really good quality)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
To prepare the cake pan
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F; line an 8-inch diameter shallow cake pan 2 inches deep with nonstick baking paper, then grease it with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- 2Beat the eggs with one third of the sugar until the mixture quadruples in volume (this operation will require beating for around 10 minutes with an electric beater). Heat the rest of the sugar in a saucepan with 1 cup water until the sugar dissolves into a syrup.
- 3Add the chocolate pieces and the butter. Mix well. When smooth, remove from the heat and leave to cool. Pour the mixture over the eggs while it is still slightly warm and continue to beat gently until it is smooth (no more than 20 seconds).
- 4Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and place the pan in a roasting pan of hot water. The water must come right up to the top of the mold, so that the cooking is uniform.
- 5Bake it for 30 minutes in the oven until it has set. Check for doneness by gently placing the palm of your hand on the surface. If it is not set, continue cooking.
- 6Cool the cake in the pan before turning upside down to unmold onto a cake plate. Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream some fresh raspberries or just inhale the cake straight off the plate! If you're feeling really crazy for chocolate, top the cake with chocolate curls too ;).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Insanely Chocolatey - Chocolate Nemesis Cake
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.3
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.3 g
- Saturated Fat 41.5 g
- Cholesterol 267.7 mg
- Sodium 104.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g