Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so good. Everyone will want the recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- cinnamon-sugar mixture (optional)
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Mix in mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 3 batches.
- Stir just until blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Top with cinnamon-sugar mixture (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool loaves in pans on wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack; cool completely.
- Wrap in aluminum foil when cool.
- Refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.
Made the recipe pretty much as given, although I did cut back on the nuts ~ I used 3/4 cup & then toasted them before stirring them in! Also did include the cinnamon/sugar topping to appease my sweet tooth! Made for a wonderfully flavorful banana bread! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]