Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful, crunchy salad that can be made any time of the year. The name means the "poor" salad. There are several recipes from around Italy, but I'll try to describe my favorite version that I have from Sorrentino Trattoria & Pizzeria in Seattle.
- 3 zucchini
- 3 ripe tomatoes, preferably Roma
- 10 anchovies, drained cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- black pepper
- Peel the zucchini, slice lengthwise and remove seed, then slice 1/4 to 3/8 inches thick.
- Seed the tomatoes, and cut in pieces similar in size to the zucchini.
- Drain the oil from the anchovies and cut fillets in half.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, at the seasoning, pepper, and a good virgin olive oil and toss to coat. Taste for salt and spice, adding to suit your taste.
- You can serve it immediately, or let it marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Serve with a good Italian bread to mop the plate when the salad is done.