1/1 Photo of Insalata Pizzas
This is a Cooking Light Recipe from 2004 and makes a wonderful side dish for grilled main coarses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.4 (7 inch) pita bread
- 2 teaspoons garlic, bottled minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim preshredded
- 1/2 cup vidalia onions or 1/2 cup other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread 1/2 teaspoon garlic on each pita. Sprinkle each pita with 1/4 cup cheese, and divide onion evenly among pitas. Bake at 475° for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
- 3While pitas bake, combine vinegar, oil, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and basil. Add salad greens, and toss gently to coat.
- 4Place 1 pita on each of 4 plates; top each pita with about 1 cup salad. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Insalata Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 266.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gourmet salad greens