1/1 Photo of Insalata Paesana
Ingrid Nicolich-Obregon's Note:
Italian Country Salad from the Trentino-Alto Adige Region - compliments of the great Lidia Bastianich. At times I have also added string beans or peas (1 cup) to this salad (add to boiling water for a few minutes after the potatoes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill pot with 3 quarts of water and bring to a boil.
- 2Tear off any tough leaves at the base of the cauliflower (reserve any small, tender leaves) and cut out the core. Break or cut the large branches into small florets, drop them and any tender leaves into the boiling water and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Lift from water, drain well in colander. When cool, place in a large bowl.
- 4Return water to boil and drop in potatoes. Cook at a gentle boil until a knife blade pierces the center easily, don't let them get too mushy.
- 5Drain and cool.
- 6Cut into 1/4" dice (peel skin if you wish) and put them in bowl with cauliflower.
- 7Peel and core apples, cut into 1/4" dice and add to salad.
- 8Trim radishes, quarter them in wedges and add them to the salad along with diced red onion, cubes of Asiago and toasted walnuts.
- 9Sprinkle with salt and toss. Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the salad and toss.
- 10Sprinkle on the parsley, toss and serve.
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Insalata Paesana
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 320.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: