Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
...Casual dining...ulterior motives...subterfuge! The salad dressing was found on www.michaelsrestaurancom. with a few changes.
- 4 cups organic mixed greens, washed and dried
- 1 small red bell pepper, roasted, stemmed, seeded and membrane removed, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart (not marinated)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 small fresh firm roma tomatoes, sliced (the best you can find!)
- 1⁄2 cup chianti wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil leaf (NOT dried)
- Chianti Vinaigrette: In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat and reduce the Chianti to 1/4 of its volume.
- Pour into a mixing bowl; whisk in the vegetable stock and vinegar.
- Add sugar, garlic, shallots, parsley, salt, and pepper. Let steep for 30 minutes. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Salad: Divide and arrange the mezclun on two salad plates.
- Top with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Garnish with the fresh basil.
- Preparation time does not include roasting the bell pepper or preparing the vinaigrette.