Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very good alternative to mayo-laden potato salads. It is a much lighter dish and is a great accompaniment to any BBQ dishes or with grilled chicken or meat and a green salad.
- 6 large potatoes, boiled in the skin
- 1 medium onion, cut in half then sliced very thin
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Peel boiled potatoes while they are still warm and cut into large, bite-sized cubes.
- Toss together with remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
I forgot to add that I prefer to make it with 1 cup of sliced green onions. They add a unique flavor and add color to the dish.
Absolutely amazing potato salad!! I used red onion and substituted fresh basil for parsley (already had it in the fridge). I took another users advice and added fresh tomatoes from the garden. One red and one green zebra. This salad accompanied my black bean burgers for a perfect summer night dinner with friends :) Thanks so much!