Recipe by Nif
Another delicious Italian recipe from La Cucina Italiana magazine. I did not include the resting time - about 30 minutes. This is meant to be served at room temperature. Enjoy!
Top Review by nemokitty
Tasty salad! I didn't have white wine vinegar so I used seasoned rice vinegar and left out the sugar. You don't think the vinegar mixture is enough but it slowly wilts the cabbages and it turned out great. Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2012
- 3 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine red and green cabbage.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, shallot, sugar, peppercorns and bay leaf; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- Strain vinegar mixture over cabbage; discard solids. Toss cabbage to coat. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature, tossing occasionally, for 30 minutes. Add oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.