I saw this recipe in the Observer Food Monthly supplement and thought it looked so good that I had to post it here for safekeeping and to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb new potato, boiled
- 1 lb French beans, cut into bite sized pieces (fresh green beans)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, cruched
- 6 vine-ripenend tomatoes, roughly chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Steam the beans for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- 2Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano salt and pepper together in a salad bowl and mix well.
- 3Now add the tomatoes and also the still warm beans and potatoes. Carefully mix to coat everything with the dressing.
- 4Can be served warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Insalata Della Nonna (Grandmother's Special Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 25.4 g