Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Because this salad is so simple, fresh, top quality ingredients are important. Please use home grown tomatoes. If you are not growing your own, go to a local farmers market. Heirloom tomatoes are more expensive, but definitely worthwhile. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 4 large ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- On a large platter, arrange cucumber slices on rim of platter, slightly overlapping and alternate and overlap the tomato slices, mozzarella cheese slices, and basil leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
You did very good when you adopted this recipe. It is so simple and oh so delicious. I used fresh garden tomatoes, 1 red and 1 yellow along with fresh garden basil. The recipe reduces easily to feed 2 and with my tomatoes beginning to really ripen, I can see myself making this frequently during the summer. Made for *ZWT4*
This was great! I used fresh basil from my garden and halved boccochini mozzarella balls and boy, was this ever yummy. Made exactly as directed it was also a very pretty addition to our BBQ yesterday! Not only beautiful and tasty, but also very simple to make. Made for ZWT4.
Easy, fresh ingredients. How could you go wrong? I picked my heirloom yellow tomatoes (they are supposed to have a less acidic taste), fresh basil and cucumber from my garden and used a marinated mozzarella cheese. Drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled some kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Yummy! Made for ZWT4.