Only use fresh ripe tomatoes in season
Make and share this Insalata Caprese recipe from Food.com.
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella uniformly, about 1/3-inch thick.
- Arrange alternating slices of tomatoes and cheese on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Top with basil.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over dish and serve.
One of my favorite salads. I used heirloom tomatoes in place of beefsteak and added a few capers. Thanks!
Perfection! Our tomatoes and our basil area at their best; your salad was wonderful!
One of my favorite salads.