Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Only use fresh ripe tomatoes in season
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 sprigs fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella uniformly, about 1/3-inch thick.
- Arrange alternating slices of tomatoes and cheese on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Top with basil.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over dish and serve.
One of my favorite salads. I used heirloom tomatoes in place of beefsteak and added a few capers. Thanks!
Perfection! Our tomatoes and our basil area at their best; your salad was wonderful!
One of my favorite salads.