Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious Italian salad with a red-wine vinegar dressing can be vegetarian or not, depending on the use of the turkey.
- 1 head escarole, torn
- 2 cups roasted turkey breast, sliced into long strips (optional)
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- Arrange escarole on a large serving plate. Layer with turkey, apple, mushrooms and raisins.
- Just before serving, whisk together oil, vinegar, onion and thyme. Season to taste with Tabasco, salt and pepper. Toss together and serve.
LOVED it! Instead of turkey, though, I used a package of pre-cooked, chopped chicken from Costco. I also added some slivered almonds (just to get them out of my freezer), and this has been a great starter recipe. It can be tailored to fit whatever you have on hand, and it's delicious.