My mom has been making this for years. Its a great salad served before a good Italian meal. Mom always serves it before her meat sauce. She makes a big platter and measures nothing. You should probably like anchovies or at least the flavor of them. I posted her recipe but I use whole anchovies packed in salt, cleaned, and a GOOD extra virgin olive oil in place of the canned. But her way is easier. I also use homemade roasted pepper. You can add anything else you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mixed greens or 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 4 slices roasted sweet peppers, marinated in oil, reserving oil (red, yellow, or orange)
- 4 pieces mozzarella cheese, approximately 1/8 inch thick
- 4 -8 anchovies packed in oil, reserving oil
- fresh oregano (optional) or fresh basil, to taste (optional)
- 4 -8 olives, any color (optional)
- 1Place the greens in center of a plate.
- 2Arrange peppers over greens in petal like arrangement coming out from center.
- 3Place 1 slice of cheese on each slice of pepper.
- 4Place 1 or 2 anchovies on each piece of cheese.
- 5Sprinkle with oregano or basil if desired, but not necessary.
- 6Add olives by placing in center of plate where 'petals' meet.
- 7Drizzle with anchovy oil, oil from the peppers and fresh oil if necessary.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Insalada of Roasted Bell Pepper Mozzarella and Anchovy
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 586.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted sweet peppers