Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from a Swedish cookbook left to me by my neighbor Millie. This is a good hearty breakfast made easy by only using 1 pan. It's sure to stick to the ribs and a great way to use leftover ham and potatoes.
- 1⁄3 lb smoked ham
- 5 eggs
- 2 large potatoes, cooked
- 1 large onion
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- Cube ham, potatoes and onion.
- Fry the ham till warmed in a large skillet then remove.
- Add 2 tbs margarine and onion to pan.
- Sauté slowly.
- Add potatoes and ham to the pan and mix well.
- Beat eggs together with parsley, cream, salt and pepper.
- Add remaining margarine to the pan.
- Pour egg batter into the pan over the cubes.
- Stir carefully a couple of times until eggs are set.
- Serve directly from the pan.
I loved this recipe it tasted great and it was also easy to make I am eleven I am trying to learn to cook for my grandparents
I often prepare breakfast as dinner and this contained all of my favorites. I prepared in a buttered omelet pan;it had a lovely browned exterior with creamy interior. I did not stir once I added items to the pan but once it browned turned it over on itself for a finish like Bergys pic. I added 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar which added to the creaminess. This could also be accented with a good hollandaise sauce. This would also be delicous topped with a fresh salsa. Ole!
Delicious easy omelete to make - I served it with HP Sauce just to spice it up a bit. Lovely Brunch thanks Laurie