Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This two-in one recipe is from my all-time favorite grilling cookbook: "How to Grill"; by Stephen Raichlen. Submitted by request.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (preferably homemade)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- coarse salt, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- INJECTOR SAUCE- Combine chicken broth butter, lemon juice and rub in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, just until butter is fully melted.
- Taste, adjust seasoning to your taste, if necessary.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature before loading turkey injector or kitchen syringe.
- Follow injector and/or recipe directions to inject poultry with sauce before grilling.
- CAJUN RUB- Combine all ingredients (under"Cajun Rub") into a mixing bowl and stir or use hands to mix thoroughly.
- Store this in an airtight container away from heat or light will keep for at least 6 months.
- (**Asidefrom being a vital part of injector sauce, this rub also lends a Cajun accent to anything you sprinkle it on; especially chicken, steak and seafood. Use 2 to 3 teaspoons per pound of meat.).