4 hrs 15 mins
From Joy Ochs (Mom) - memories abound of always having the most delicious turkey ever served on this earth!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix warm water with salt, first, whisking to make sure salt is dissolved.
- 2Add rest of ingredients.
- 3Using a turkey injector or large bore needle & syringe, inject the mixture in to the turkey, trying to make sure you have all parts covered.
- 4Some will leak out -- tip pan, draw up, & re-inject to the best of your ability.
- 5Do NOT stuff this turkey (the stuffing draws the marinade & will taste overly strong of the marinade!).
- 6Roast, according to your turkey's size -- about 15 minutes per lb, breast down.
- 7For a 15 lb turkey, roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, 350 degrees for 2 hrs., 225 degrees for the last hour and a half.
- 81/2 hr before the turkey should be done, start checking its temperature. Be sure the thermometer is not touching a bone - Dark meat should be 175 degrees, the white breast meat should be 160 - 165 degrees.
- 9Remove from oven & let rest 15 - 20 minutes.
- 10TIP - save out 1/4 - 1/3 C of the marinade & use it as part of the liquid when making your stuffing/dressing separately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Injected Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 944.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: