Recipe by mums the word
I received this recipe from a lady I met at a block party. A nice refreshing tomato salad with few ingredients, but lots of flavour.
Top Review by puppitypup
LOVED IT! Mum, this is a great recipe! Perfect flavor combination. I made two changes, using Mayo rather than Miracle Whip, and white wine vinegar as we were out of red. I will definitely be making this again soon so I can give it the 5 stars it deserves. Made for PAC, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
- 5 -6 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (sweet like Vidalia)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip light
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chives (for garnish)
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up tomatoes into bite sized pieces. If you wish, remove seeds.
- Dice onion and place in serving bowl with the tomatoes.
- Combine Miracle Whip and red wine vinegar until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley.
- Pour finished dressing over tomatoes and onion mixture and fold together gently.
- Sprinkle chives on top for garnish.
- Chill several hours and serve with slotted spoon to drain some of the juices.