Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend Inge makes these healthy muffins she likes to eat at breakfast. Hope you also enjoy them!
- 2 cups flour (regular or whole wheat)
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients; set aside. Combine eggs, buttermilk and oil; mix well. Add this to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Pour into muffin paper linings. Bake at 400 F for 18 to 20 minutes.
- You can add: fresh/frozen fruits, seeds, nuts, dried fruits—just compensate with a little more buttermilk.