Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
From: “The Africa News Cookbook, African Cooking for Western Kitchens”. South Africa, Dutch territories East- Indies origin. Any firm, fleshy fish will pickle well. Great alongside potato salad. *Needs to sit 2 days before serving.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and pat dry the fish pieces and dip them in flour to coat.
- In a baking dish, make a bed of onion slices and lay fish on top.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the fish and onions.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid or seal with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then refrigerate for 2 days before serving.