48 hrs 15 mins
From: “The Africa News Cookbook, African Cooking for Western Kitchens”. South Africa, Dutch territories East- Indies origin. Any firm, fleshy fish will pickle well. Great alongside potato salad. *Needs to sit 2 days before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Wash and pat dry the fish pieces and dip them in flour to coat.
- 3In a baking dish, make a bed of onion slices and lay fish on top.
- 4Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the fish and onions.
- 5Cover with a tight fitting lid or seal with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 6Remove from oven and let cool, then refrigerate for 2 days before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ingelegde Vis (Pickled Fish)
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4