Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From a scrap of a newspaper in my mother's recipe folder. We used to make this around the holidays, but none of the existing recipes on the site show this variation.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, loosely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor, until smooth.
- Form the cheese into a ball, or mold into a crock.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with pumpernickel or dark rye bread.